Additional information: fixed term contract for 12 months, full-time.
We have an open position for a Research Associate available at the Smart Sensing Lab, Computing & Technology department, Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham, UK.
The successful candidate will work with Dr Kanjo on multiple research projects to conduct research that ranges from software & hardware development and data analytics to experimental user studies, focus groups and evaluation.
We invite applicants who have a PhD or equivalent experience in a relevant area such as Computer Science or Communications Engineering to join our research team. The applicants must be able to demonstrate a good research track record in the discipline of Pervasive Computing. Post holder will conduct research in the area of Pervasive Computing, physical and digital prototyping, AI on Edge devices, mobile development, accessibility and participatory design. Experience in mobile development is highly desirable. We will also value the ability to learn new technologies outside the current skills and expertise. Interpersonal skills will be essential for this role. The role will also require the postholder to collaborate effectively with external stakeholders, and other team members.
Our school offers a highly stimulating environment for career development and progression, and you will be exposed to a range of further opportunities over the course of this post.
Skills and Experience
- Hold a PhD degree in computing (or near completion), communication engineering, or a related technical subject, or significant industry experience.
- Have a good research experience in Pervasive Computing & Edge Computing or wearable technology (including the design, development and evaluation of pervasive computing systems).
- Experience in data visualisation and data science tools.
- Working experience of at least one programming language such as Java, Python, or C++.
- Have good experience in developing mobile phone applications.
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a group.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and spot trends to influence future actions.
- Ability to work effectively in a team, with excellent time management, problem solving approach, practically minded with hands-on ability, methodical and organised.
- Good publications record.
- Able to assist with technical project management duties.
- Responsible, enthusiastic, independent worker, persistent, pays attention to detail, quick learner.
If you have any specific queries in relation to this position, please contact Assoc Prof Eiman Kanjo, on +(44)115 848 4820 or via email email@example.com
To apply for this role, please complete the online application and upload a copy of your CV.
Nottingham Trent University prides itself on being an inclusive employer. We value and celebrate diversity and welcome applications from people who reflect the diversity of our local communities and wider society.
Additional Information: Please note this role does not meet the UK Border Agency requirements for sponsorship. Nottingham Trent University is unable to apply for sponsorship for any applicant not eligible to work in the UK and therefore we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship under the Points Based Immigration System.