Additional information: Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) Associate. The post is a fixed-term contract with NTU for 18 months through the KTP. Salary is £33,797 to £38,017 per annum. Based at Scenariio Intelligent Infrastructures – Marble Hall, Nightingale Road, Derby, DE24 8BF and Nottingham Trent University Clifton Campus.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Computer Science (or similar) graduate to work closely with Scenariio, an industry leader in smart building solutions, on a leading-edge R&D project to develop an innovative software platform.
The company is looking for an analytically minded person to join the team as a Software Engineer. The successful candidate will work with the team to harness IoT data relating to space utilisation and the building environment.
The project is technical in nature and requires a wide range of skills in computing and IoT systems as well as in communications skills and project management.
This position is a key role within a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) - a collaborative project between Scenariio and Nottingham Trent University and funded by Innovate UK. As a KTP Associate you will work within the company to embed new know-how through this innovation project, with research and academic support from the University knowledge base. Apply your degree through real work and springboard your career.
What can you expect from this job?
- You will be responsible for leading and delivering a challenging and strategic R&D project with the opportunity to be a champion of real change.
- You will receive input and support from an academic team with specialist knowledge and experience relevant to the project.
- You will have the opportunity to deliver high impact outcomes within a business and research, whilst learning at the same time - a significant contribution to your long-term career progression.
Scenariio offers an innovative approach to smart buildings. Based in Derby, Scenariio help improve businesses by installing intelligent technology that uses less energy, keeps people healthier, safer and improves productivity. Scenariio aims to improve how organisations connect with technology and their space, providing new ways for businesses make decisions based on data (www.scenariio.com)
Nottingham Trent University is proud to have been rated Gold under the UK government’s Teaching Excellence Framework. It was also named as 2017 ‘University of the Year’ by the Times Higher Education Supplement and ‘Modern University of the Year’ by the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018. Very recently, the university has won inaugural The Guardian University of the Year awards 2019. The University is renowned for leading edge research and strong links with industry.
The University is making multi-million-pound investments in both buildings and equipment at the Clifton campus, an award-winning “green” campus. The newly opened ISTeC building has state of the art facilities for computer science, including high performance computing, robotics, mobile computing, and Graphics/Games, as well as containing isolated network laboratories. A second building, due for completion in 2020, will support interdisciplinary activities across computer science, engineering and business.
- Qualification in Computing related subject/ Electronic Engineering with a focus on software development or relevant experience in the industry.
- Completion of substantial software development in either university or industry.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and spot trends to influence future actions
- Relevant experience in computer networks and IoT or hardware systems.
- An understanding of system development including network protocols, middleware, APIs, user interface.
- Experience in data visualisation and data science tools.
- Ability to work effectively in a team, with excellent time management, problem solving approach, practically minded with hands-on ability, methodical and organised.
- Be able to confidently communicate and present technical information to a broad range of job disciplines and roles internally within the business and externally with customers.
Responsible, enthusiastic, independent worker, persistent, pays attention to detail, quick learner.
If you have any specific queries in relation to this position, please contact Assoc Prof Eiman Kanjo, on +(44)115 848 4820 or via email email@example.com or George Pritchard, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be supported by the University’s KTP team and have the benefit of an excellent training programme including the KTP Associate Diploma in Management Programme, which is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute.
KTP is a supporting partnership between business and universities to jointly develop innovative products/systems/processes with the objective of increasing business growth. Further information on KTP can be found on http://www.KTPonline.org.uk
Please not if you are applying for this position you should have not previously been employed as a KTP Associate
Nottingham Trent University is unable to apply for sponsorship for any applicant not eligible to work in the UK and therefore we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship under the Points Based Immigration System.